Tuesday, July 5, 2011

my run and junk

So I did end up going despite my crippling fears, I walked most of the way because walking around my town there are alot of hills and I was breathing heavier just from walking. I ran a couple times and it felt pretty good! I started out at my house and ran up a long but gradual hill which was harder than I thought it was going to be, sometimes I forget just how much strain my weight is on my body. I walked up to the local college and wanted to go down this path, so I went down this steep dark and deadly hill, I thought if an animal didn't eat me someone was defiantly going to murder me. This path goes behind a building, through some woods and than BAM steep rooty, rocky path. I made it and kept on going. My "run" ended up being half hour long and I was pretty proud. I am going again tonight!

I really want to buy a bicycle, like alot, but if we are moving the Vancouver island than I want to wait I don't want to bring anything extra if I don't have to! I will know sometime next week if we are moving and you all will be the first to know.

10 comments:

  1. I've always wanted a bike. I'm actually thinking about it in the future!

    Good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo Vancouver Island. Beautiful BC. Bikes are like fun exercise if you are not in a hurry or don't have passengers you need to always bring. I even did my groceries years ago on a bike and put like 4 bags on each handle bar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the walk/run!

    I've been thinking about a bike as well! I got on one for the first time in 10+ years recently and it felt great!


    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love riding but completely understand wanting to wait until after your move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That run sounds like a good start! You'll be running the whole way before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! That's awesome you're already planning your next workout. :) My number-one tip is to run as slow as you can because you'll be able to run a lot longer. Keep up the running, chica!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!! A bike would be totally fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a brand new bike (bought it 8 years ago...lol...it's never touched the ground) hanging in my garage.

    I can't wait to have a small enough ass to ride it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That great!

    You know what coaches tell marathon runners? Use a walk/run strategy to keep yourself feeling good during the workout.

    I still walk nearly every uphill. :)

    ReplyDelete