Sunday, May 22, 2011

Meal planning and trip recovery

So I am back! I do not want to fast or anything silly like that, I am just going to get back into my regular routine and let that five extra pounds fall back off. I found that when you work for the pounds and gain a little back, they come off relatively easily. I have also starting meal planning, I love my food journal ( which I did not do while I was in Ontario, and maybe that had something to do with my ridiculous over eating), so I thought I would like the planned meal thing. So I planned out my whole weeks worth of food(and Morgan's because we eat together) and I thought it was so much fun! Also it helped me save some money at the grocery store. With that in mind, I made my listy-poo and than went coupon hunting, now in Canada couponing is not the easiest thing to do because we arnt allowed to stack, but still saved a couple bucks this time, and I am hoping to save some more next week. :D

So my meals are as follows;

Monday- 
Mashed Cauliflower, Lean pan seared pork, and steamed asparagus

Tuesday-
Quiche with Low fat cheese, low fat sausage, onions, red and green peppers- I figure we will also have broccoli slaw with a vinegrette  dressing

Wednesday-
Baked sweet potatoes, roasted chicken and left over broccoli slaw with a different dressing

Thursday-
Esfihas(but on whole grain, thin crust pizza bread) I am making two kinds, so artichoke and one spinach. I am doing vegetarian Thursday this week!

Friday-
Burgers and corn on the cob-  YUM

I dont plan weekends because we usually wing it.


I missed you guys, just to let you know!

Talk to you tomorrow

4 comments:

  1. glad you made it home.. and getting back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome meal plan! Wish I could come eat with you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great menu planning there. I like your combinations. What's Esfihas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so impressed, I always have a hard time meal planning depending on what I'm in the mood for at the time!

    ReplyDelete